Sometimes, a school needs to register students online for a field trip, a business owner may need to register users for an upcoming conference or seminar. Regardless of the reason, a great course of action is to use one of the best WordPress user registration plugins. These plugins provide powerful tools to register and log in users. Not only that, but you can find all kinds of additional features for tasks such as pinging content, blocking users and more.
WordPress User Registration Plugins Feature to Look
Not all WordPress user registration plugins are made the same. However, there are some features that you should almost always keep an eye out for:
- Options for unlimited forms.
- Tools to collect payments from members. It’s great to have PayPal support, but credit cards are even better.
- The ability to protect your content and prevent some users from seeing it.
- Support for multiple levels and membership payments.
- Drag and drop editors so you don’t have to work with a lot of code when creating forms.
- Large collections of custom fields.
- Social login buttons for quick access.
- A member directory to manage your users.
- Beautiful templates for login and registration form.
- User profiles with avatars, biographies and social links.
This is not a complete list of the resources you need, so make a shortlist of what your organization needs most. Then check out our extensive reviews below.
10 Best WordPress Plugin For User Registration And Login
Here’s a quick list of our favorite user registration plugins:
- User Registration
- Ultimate Member
- User Registration & User Profile
- WP User Manager
- Easy Registration Forms
RegistrationMagic – Custom Registration Forms and User Login uses powerful registration tools to give the webmaster complete control over how user registrations are completed and how they are managed. In its most basic form, RegistrationMagic allows you to create multiple registration pages for different users.
That way, a user would go to your site and see alternative fields compared to others. A wide range of other features is included, such as options for accepting attachments in user registration forms. We also appreciate the fact that you can accept payments from new users.
All records received are monitored and recorded in the panel. It also works with a visual form generator, instead of playing with code or settings. Autoresponders are excellent for notifying new users, and the MailChimp registry can help you create your mailing list.
The free add-on is full of features that most companies should fit in with. This includes extensions such as the Export / Import extensions, Magic pop-up window, and Visual Form Editor. The premium plan starts at $ 89 and offers additional features, such as a token system, manual approvals, PDF marking and dozens of other unique features. You can only use the premium version on one side, while the Premium + package allows unlimited sites for $ 189.
Features of RegistrationMagic:
- RegistrationMagic offers a free add-on with a large collection of user registration features. The paid version is also affordable and dramatically expands the feature set.
- You get a visual form administrator to design what your users see before registering on your site.
- Several form styles are provided to start designing without code. You have options to accept documents attached to the registry.
- The add-on provides a way to submit different forms to different users.
- It has a security panel with reCaptcha support, insertion limits and prohibited email addresses.
- Email notifications are sent to the administrator and the user upon registration.
- You can integrate this plugin with MailChimp and other email marketing tools.
- WooCommerce also integrates very well.
- The add-on links with payment processors such as PayPal and Stripe to collect membership payments or exclusive sites.
- Set limits on how many records are allowed and how many attempts they have.
- You have complete control over the appearance of your registration form. This control also applies to your user management.
[ Read: Advertising Plugin: 6 Best Google Adsense WordPress Plugins To Increase Blog Revenue ]
#2. User Registration
The User Registration – Custom Registration Form, Login And User Profile For WordPress plugin contain what companies need to create a simple but effective front-end registration module. The drag-and-drop generator improves your design process and eliminates the need for complicated coding. We like this as one of the best lightweight user registration plugins and the fact that most of the best features are included in the free plugin.
If you plan to upgrade, consider the Personal plan for $ 49. This is where you start getting premium plugins (instead of paying them separately). For example, the Personal plan has seven premium plugins, while the Plus plan provides 14 plugins. Some of the other premium tools include features such as email marketing, file upload, and content restrictions.
While the free version works well for small businesses, we cannot stop recommending the Personal plan for its main updates. For example, you get additional file upload tools, advanced fields, and WooCommerce integration. Some of the premium plugins include invitation codes, LearnDash support, field visibility and more.
Features Of User Registration Plugin:
- The user registration plugin is one of the cleanest ways to obtain a user registration form on your site. Everything is managed in the back-end, but you can take a look at the visual generator to see what is presented in the front-end.
- You can create an unlimited number of registration forms, even in the free version.
- Shortcode support allows you to place your registration forms in columns, pages, and publications.
- Email notifications are sent to users and administrators.
- The user registry includes several form templates, which reduces development time.
- Download user data with a simple CSV export.
- Paid versions give you access to a collection of amazing plugins. Some include social buttons, content restriction tools, and file uploads.
- E-commerce sites can also take advantage of user registration integration.
[ Read: 13 Biggest SEO Keyword Research Mistake You Might Be Making ]
#3. Ultimate Member
The Ultimate Member – User Profile & Membership Plugin WordPress plugin has high download rates and impressive ratings, making it an essential solution when it comes to offering front-end user profiles, registration forms, and login options. Custom form fields are essential to design your logins the way you want, while the drag-and-drop generator certainly improves the user experience during design.
The main add-on is free and comes with excellent tools for user account pages, conditional form logic, and member directories.
The best thing about Ultimate Member is that the key features will work well for beginners and small businesses. Users can update by paying individual extensions or paying all extensions with an annual pass. Some of the extensions include options to make content private, add a reCAPTCHA and integrate with Instagram.
Extensions vary in cost, but many of them cost around $ 40 for a site. The extension pass provides the 20 extensions for $ 249 per year.
Features of Ultimate Member Plugin:
- The main plugin is available for free with many excellent features. In addition, site owners have the flexibility to purchase individual extensions or obtain all extensions for a massive agreement.
- UltimateMember also sells a theme that integrates seamlessly with the add-on.
- Powerful registration functions include role selection, multiple registration forms, and registration actions.
- You can implement anti-spam measures and create a custom password reset link.
- User profiles offer biographies, user information, cover photos and more.
- You can generate user roles with the help of general permissions and varied profile access.
- Member directories offer options to rate users, have social icons and display cover photos.
- You can choose to have global access to the site with rules based on certain pages and publications.
- Custom fields have a wide variety of options, such as mandatory fields, star ratings, and file upload.
- Emails are sent automatically throughout the registration process. For example, your site will send a pending review email and account rejection emails.
- The form generator is useful for all levels of experience, with tools to add rows, create multi-column designs and reorder form elements.
[ Read: WordPress Push Notifications: How to Setup Push Notification and Get 2,500+ Visitors/Month ]
#4. User Registration and User Profile
The User Registration & User Profile – Profile Builder plugin serves as an all-in-one profile administrator and user registration administrator for WordPress. A long list of free features is provided with the plugin, some of which include a drag-and-drop form generator and a module to create a custom user login widget. Some other things we like are the content restriction and ReCaptcha options, which do not require user payment.
The premium version of Profile Builder starts at $ 69 a year for use on a website and the addition of many features. For example, some of the advanced plugins in this plan include social connection, WooCommerce sync, and bbPress support. You can also upgrade to $ 149 per year for several other user modules, such as custom redirects, repeater fields, and custom redirects.
Like all the excellent user registration plugins, Profile Builder looks great both in the front-end and in the back-end. Conditional logic must ensure complete customization, while import and export help to manage its users in a more organized way.
Features of the User Registration and User Profile Plugin:
- The free version is packed with features you wouldn’t expect without a premium subscription. Not only that, but the developers offer two affordable annual plans for additional tools.
- It is easy to restrict the content based on the user role assigned to a person.
- Access codes are used to create areas for registration, profile management and logins.
- Forms and profiles are managed with the help of an elegant drag-and-drop editor.
- Users often need to pay for things like content restriction and reCAPTCHA in other competitive plugins. This is not the case in Profile Builder.
- The Premium version is integrated with bbPress and BuddyPress, helping you build a social network or forum.
- WooCommerce synchronization is possible to restrict access to certain pages on your e-commerce site.
- You have the opportunity to generate multiple registration forms and multiple profile editing forms in the Premium Plan.
- Users enjoy possible integrations with MailChimp and MailPoet to improve email marketing.
[ Read: 6 Step to create a Jetpack pop-up email subscription form ]
#5. WP User Manager
WP User Manager – User Profile Builder & Membership plugin offers a highly customizable community generator with support for user-profiles and registration forms. Everything from password recovery to account personalization is provided in this powerful and flexible membership/registration plugin. Free features and extensions are available, with a collection of other plugins that require payment. Some of our favorite features include personalized email, MailChimp, and social login. All these elements just mentioned are paid plugins, ranging from $ 39 to $ 149, depending on how many sites you need to use the add-on.
You can find all the functions and update packages on the WP User Manager website. The developer does not sell monthly or annual packages for all functions, but you can buy all the accessories individually or download them for free in some cases.
Of the free extensions, this is what you can expect:
- Account Exclusion Tool
- Export of personal data
- Username Minimum and maximum length
- A Google reCAPTCHA
Apart from that, the real add-on includes free features such as SEO URL, content restriction and custom redirects. This is one of the cleanest and simplest plugins to implement user registration. Front-end forms are easy to implement, user directories look modern and highly functional, while custom widgets and designers increase their ability to design a user registration system in a short time.
Features Of WP User Manager Plugin:
- Many of the main features of the plugin are presented in the free version. For example, custom redirects and content restriction rules accompany the main add-on.
- The add-on is suitable for developers and allows beginners a cleaner registration form for users.
- WP User Manager is ready for translation.
- Simple user directories are great for finding users and organizing them in a list.
- The shortcode editor ensures that all your forms and modules can be placed anywhere on your site.
- It is not necessary to pay a subscription of more than $ 100 per year since all plugins and extensions are sold separately. In this way, you end up paying and using the necessary accessories.
- The add-on has several free and paid plugins for user verification, social logins, and MailChimp.
[ Read: Shopify Vs WooCommerce: Which Is Better For Ecommerce ]
The UsersWP – User Profile & Registration plugin provides tools to create a directory, user profile, registration form and login form. All this is unlimited, so you can generate multiple sign-in forms on the same site. The purpose of the add-on is to be as light as possible, allowing users to have a better experience by providing some more efficient tools to create forms in the first place. For example, the drag and drop profile generator combines well with several shortcodes for tasks such as editing profiles and registering users.
The profiles are basic, but incorporate essential elements such as avatars, cover images and menus with optional tabs. Therefore, if you add the menu, it will show the posts and comments of the users. The regular download is free and you get two free plugins: the Social Login plugin and one for a reCAPTCHA.
It seems that developers make money selling premium plugins. This definitely limits the number of features you get for free, but at least users can choose the plugins they need and ignore the ones they don’t need. Find premium plugins here and consider paying them all for $ 99.
The list of plugins is quite long, but here are several that seem popular with users:
- User Moderation
- Restrict user subscriptions
- MyCRED to reward users
- Multi-site creator
- Much more
Features Of UsersWP Plugin:
- The basic add-on has a simplistic interface that anyone can use. It is basically a drag-and-drop editor to create forms, paired with many shortcodes.
- Access codes are available for items such as user profiles, login forms, and user directories.
- Access codes are automatically implemented after all appropriate pages have been activated. This means that simply clicking on a button activates all access codes.
- User profiles provide interesting information, such as posts and user comments.
- Profile pages have the basics like avatars, cover images, and even menus.
- There are more than 15 plugins available to enable advanced features such as MailChimp, profile progress bars, and tracker counting.
- plugins generally sell for around $ 29, which is quite reasonable. Not to mention that you can request all the accessories for a very low price.
- It is easy to search the user database and find people according to their name, image or even when users registered.
[ Read: Social Media Plugins – 14 Best WordPress Plugins for share count and Engagement ]
#7. Easy Registration Forms
If one thing is certain, the developers of user registration plugins compete to make the interfaces as intuitive as possible. The Easy Registration Forms plugin is no different, as it also provides some shortcodes and a drag-and-drop visual generator to insert different fields in your forms. As an example, you can drag a button, date, field or text area to your form or to one of the dozens of other modules provided.
The only thing about this add-on is that it not only has registration forms but also contact forms. Add a map to your contact form, include several fields and use the same add-on to create a registration form for the high school science fair (or whatever you want to do) on the same site.
Users can buy eight separate plugins for $ 20 to $ 80. Some of the ones we enjoy include a PayPal integration, a cargo importer and previews of loading. These plugins are excellent, but this shorter list of plugins also means that most of the main functions are provided to users for free. For example, the add-on supports all common fields and you can create membership plans without paying for an add-on. The Easy Registration Forms add-on provides an intelligent design and a package full of features that most companies can really take advantage of.
Features Of Easy Registration Forms Plugin:
- The vast majority of the best features are found within the free basic add-on.
- The add-on offers an unlimited number of user registration forms, all created with the drag-and-drop designer.
- A unique feature generates reports sent to a designated group of users. For example, you can show all publishers and administrators the status of the database monthly.
- Online and offline payment methods are provided to accept payments in associations or to sell products.
- The plugin not only provides user registration forms. Along with that, you get tools to create contact forms, multiple pages, and multiple columns.
- Premium plugins are affordable and powerful.
- You can take advantage of email marketing for your users by integrating with MailChimp or MailPoet.
- Several designs are offered for your form designs. Some of these designs include rounded, edged and flat designs.
[ Read: Ultimate WordPress SEO Checklist – Increase Traffic 571% in 12 Months (45 SEO tips) ]
WordPress User Registration, Front-end Login & User Profile – ProfilePress plugin has strong tools for front-end logins and user registration. The addon must fit almost any WordPress theme. The problem is that you must know how to code with HTML and CSS to establish a professional-looking form. That said, developers also sell form themes designed to track certain industries and provide common fields of use so you don’t really need to know how to code.
The themes look clean and modern but generally appear at high prices, such as $ 599. Therefore, we think it makes more sense to use this add-on if you are an advanced developer. There is no reason to spend so much money when you have several other alternative plugins with drag and drop editors.
That said, developers have the opportunity to buy cheaper packages, starting at $ 99 a year. This provides all official subjects, three professional complements, and all regular complements. Hell, there’s even a $ 69 personal plan if you’re trying to save money on this add-on.
Overall, ProfilePress is a solid add-on with dozens of themes and plugins. It’s not that simple for beginners, but with the right parts, you can make it work.
Features Of ProfilePress Plugin:
- ProfilePress supports an unlimited number of forms and password fields, all for free.
- You can redirect users to different pages after actions such as logins, registrations, and password resets.
- Developers and even some newbies have the opportunity to buy thematic packages. This is the best way to create a form in this add-on without coding.
- Social logins are provided for Google, Github, and Facebook.
- You can upgrade to a customizable tabbed widget along with a single sign-in function without a password.
- Much of the add-on is automated to reset passwords, send emails and enter welcome messages to younger users.
- Multi-site integration is possible with the help of a premium add-on.
- You can manage everything from shipping to billing fields, using a WooCommerce integration.
- BuddyPress has its own integration.
- The use of email marketing with the user database is done with the help of MailChimp and Campaign Monitor integrations.
[ Read: Email Marketing – 6 Best Email Marketing Service For Your Blog 2019 ]
UserPro – Community and User Profile WordPress Plugin can only be purchased as a premium add-on. Listing in CodeCanyon costs $ 39, but that occasionally changes based on what we saw from the developers. UserPro is the complete package at a lower price, allowing users to create complete login and registration forms with complete freedom. Member list designs improve the way you attract users and understand what they are doing on your site. Send badges and achievements to convince your users to get more involved and reach certain milestones.
It is also worth mentioning the social connection tool with a single click, as users can subscribe to your site using their social profiles.
The add-on backend seems a bit intimidating at first, but it’s actually quite organized when you master it. For example, you can verify everything from pending requests to WooCommerce activity, emails and role-based fields. The fields and editing settings are made with the help of a drag-and-drop editing tool, with dozens of fields to choose from and customize.
Features Of UserPro Plugin:
- UserPro is a premium add-on with a paid package. It is affordable and excellent if you want premium customer service in the first months.
- Integration with PayPal is provided free of charge, making it easier for members to collect payments.
- Several registration form templates come with custom fields.
- You can embed a handful of social media login buttons with just one click. Some of them include Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- The beautiful user profiles have photos, names, social links and biography areas. It also requires only one click for users to follow others on your site.
- UserPro provides badges and achievements to encourage its users to complete tasks such as writing blog posts or interacting with other users.
- You can restrict access to the site according to the type of user of a person.
- The add-on includes a list of members that can be searched for people to find people who have similar interests. This is presented in an elegant list of photos based on the grid.
[ Read: How to Setup an SEO-Friendly Site Architecture That Boosts SEO ]
ARMember – WordPress Membership Plugin is one of the best WordPress user registration plugins sold in CodeCanyon. Again, this generates lower prices, many features, and a little customer service at startup. ARMember is priced at $ 43 and offers excellent content protection, multiple membership templates, and WooCommerce site subscriptions. You can also find some accredited login and registration forms that do not take long to design.
The login and registration forms look elegant and stylish, with logo dots, multiple fields and “lost password” links. The list of backend users allows the administrator to manage everything from membership types to status. Avatars and usernames are also incorporated into the mix.
One of the main reasons why the ARMember plugin looks so attractive is because of its extensive support for members. It doesn’t matter if you want to allow members to participate for free or for payment. It also doesn’t matter if you want to allow monthly or one-year memberships. Along with multiple payment cycles and multiple payment methods, the ARMember add-on has an impressive set of features.
Features Of ARMember Plugin:
- ARMember only has a single rate for a large collection of features.
- The add-on allows an unlimited number of membership types and payment cycles.
- The login and registration forms are some of the most beautiful you can find in the market.
- Allow your customers to log in with information from social users of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Security options are integrated into the plugin to protect your entire site, not just the add-on.
- Add multiple levels of membership to earn more money and provide the best content for VIP.
- Users can select how they want to pay, either by credit card or PayPal.
- You can ping the content and distribute badges to the most active users on your site.
- Invoices and coupons are available to collect your payments and request new users to access and register on your site.
- The plugin integrates directly with WooCommerce so that administrators can sell partnerships with their current e-commerce sites.
Which WordPress User Registration plugins best for your business?
The unfortunate thing about user registration plugins is that there are many of them. However, we do our best, we hope to make your choice much easier!
Here are some final recommendations on who should decide which supplement:
- RegistrationMagic: Consider this add-on for the best overall user registration solution.
- User Registration: this is a great example of simplicity.
- Ultimate Member: ideal for exclusive accessories and extensibility options.
- User Registration and User Profile: think of this add-on if you want shortcodes.
- WP User Manager: a solid option for developers who want to start with a basic form generator.
- UsersWP: We like UsersWP if you want simplicity (drag-and-drop generator and excellent shortcodes).
- Easy registration forms: equipment like this, due to reports and automation.
- ProfilePress – Good for developers.
- UserPro: We love this addon if you want achievements and badges.
- ARMember: ideal for selling memberships and other items.
Is that! Let us know in the comments below if you have any questions about the best WordPress user registration plugins.